Welded fences - features, installation steps
The iron fence is a modern type of fence that effectively marks the boundaries of your site while separating it from the outside world. A welded metal fence is an example of how protective functions harmonize with aesthetic solutions. Of course, in terms of design, it is inferior to forged structures, but it also has its own audience, who appreciates and uses welded fences: with their own hands to build them.
By installing such construction for the site, you get a strong fence for many years.
Characteristics of the metal fence
Today we will tell you how to make a fence with your own hands. Sectional welding of fences begins with the manufacture of the frame by welding metal pipes (20 mm x 20 mm; 40 mm x 20 mm; 60 mm x 30 mm). The material can be applied metal strip (25 mm x 4 mm). It all depends on your taste, how the fence will look in a strict or openwork version.
The main advantages of metal fences:
- The best combination of price and quality. They are relatively inexpensive and at the same time have all the necessary consumer properties corresponding to the modern fence.
- Reliability and durability.
- Easy installation, the spans are fixed together at the place of installation, mounted on already pre-installed racks
- Variety of shapes, of all heights, as well as in black or galvanized metal. Galvanized metal fences will last longer without requiring additional care.
Disadvantages of iron fences:
- does not protect from the wind;
- do not close off the outside world;
- requires corrosion treatment;
- making welded fences requires the ability to use a welding machine.
Trick! It is best to work together, applying eye, hand and respiratory protection. This will protect you from injury and the harmful effects of smoke when working with the welding machine.
The installation of a welded fence begins with a complete measurement of the site. In this case, measurements should be made from the corner posts in each direction with the marks of the future posts, after two or two and a half meters.
For work we need:
- Good welding machine. Best semi-automatic or inverter.
- Two angle grinders, one with a power of 2 kW, the second with a speed regulator and a maximum power of one thousand watts
- It is possible to use a level. To issue mortgages at one level.
- Also, you need a small concrete mixer, a wheelbarrow and a shovel.
The construction process begins with the installation of 60 x 60 pillars, with the construction of extreme structural elements. This method is necessary to create beacons, which will then serve as guidelines for the installation of subsequent racks. Under these pillars they drill or dig holes at least one meter deep, it all depends on the height of the fences.
Then put them in place, pour concrete, controlling the vertical level and let the concrete settle. Then, at the top of the vertical posts and at the height of the outermost pillars, we stretch the cord to indicate the line of the future welded metal fence.
When installing the racks, it is imperative to control the verticality with the help of the building level and fix them until the foundation for the fence (concrete filling) is completely laid.
On top of the fence, posts are prepared to prevent moisture from getting inside or to put plastic, which you can buy at the store. While our lockers are going to struggle, we begin to prepare sections for the fence.
Contact True Built Fencing, a fence contractor in Austin TX, and let professionals build your perfect fence.
True Built Fencing
+1 (512) 354 1601
2025 Guadalupe Street, Suite 250
Google my Business Website